What is MACI?
- MACI is the Model Aeronautics Council of Ireland.
- MACI is the largest aviation association in Ireland, representing a membership of almost 1,000 from every walk of life, income level and age group.
- MACI is a self-supporting, non-profit organisation whose purpose is to promote development of model aviation as a recognised sport and worthwhile recreation activity.
- MACI is an organisation open to anyone interested in model aviation.
- MACI is the official national body for model aviation in Ireland. MACI sanctions model competitions throughout the country each year, and certifies official model flying records on a national and international level.
- MACI is the umbrella organisation for more than 40 model aircraft clubs across the country. MACI offers its affiliated clubs official contest sanction, insurance, and assistance in getting and keeping flying sites.
- MACI certifies members flying achievements by examining and issuing "A" and "B" level certificates
- MACI is the voice of its membership, providing liaison with the Department of Communication, the Department of Sport, the Department of Defence, the Office of Public Works, the Office of the Director of Telecommunications Regulation, and other government agencies.
- MACI is an associate member of the National Aero Club of Ireland. Through NACI, MACI is affiliated to the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI), the world governing body of all aviation activity, as the only organisation which may direct Irish participation in international aeromodeling activities.
- MACI is a full member of and sends delegates to the CIAM (Commission Internationale Aeromodelisme), the aeromodelling branch of the FAI.
Back to About Us